Friday, April 29, 2011

I Can't Wait

Today I learned how to make fresh rice noodles from one of the cooks at the Slanted Door--it's another recipe we're planning to put in the cookbook. Three ingredients: rice flour, water and tapioca flour, kneaded until it attains a Play-Doh quality, then pressed through a ricer into boiling water. The resulting noodles--silky and tender, perfect in soup--were a total revelation.

It's another example of something I didn't realize you could actually make at home, and it's doubly exciting because the recipe is dead simple. We're still fiddling around with the proportions, but once we have a reasonable home-sized batch of dough, I can't wait to share it with you.

2 comments:

rifq said...

So, did you manage to finally make the rice noodle? Would you kindly share to us? thanks.

Unknown said...

Hello, I have just read your blog, I liked .... I board already dealt site http://le-couscous-marocain.com